Our goal at the Kenosha Public Library is to meet 100% of the criteria for Computers and Technology in the Inclusive Services Assessment and Guide for Wisconsin Public Libraries. The Inclusive Services Assessment and Guide for Wisconsin Public Libraries were developed by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction with input from Wisconsin Public Libraries and Library Systems. This checklist will highlight fundamental equipment needs.
- Does the library have wheelchair-accessible tables and computer workstations?
- Are laptops available to use in the library?
- Are keyboards and mice ergonomically designed, or are options available?
- Are high-contrast keyboards available?
- Are computer monitors shielded from direct sunlight or glare?
- Can users borrow mobile devices?
- Are workstations staggered to enhance noise control?
- Are alternative mice or touch pads available?
- Are workstations staggered to enhance privacy?
- Can users bring their own adaptive devices and/or check out adaptive technology equipment for home use?
- Does the library provide ergonomic workstations for users and staff?
- Can patrons enable native accessibility tools on workstations and other devices?